Thursday, March 5, 2015

Babies Part 2

Today was a pretty slow day. We went out in the morning to do some equine calls, vaccines and blood draws. Nothing too exciting.

Around noon we got a call about a sheep having difficulty giving birth. She was in labor and straining, but her cervix was closed. We had to manually dilate her cervix and pull the lambs out. So now I've seen a lambing as well.


Tonight, I'm packing up everything and getting ready to head back down home tomorrow. The three weeks have flown by and I'm actually a tiny bit sad. The family I'm staying with have all been so nice and welcoming and the doctors and staff at the clinic have been great. Despite the freezing cold, I've had a really fun time out here learning about large animal medicine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment